Friday, August 05, 2005

Book Readings and Fullybooked

The rainy season must be the best season to read a book. If you are at home, comfortably seated, with your favourite beverage in hand and with adequate lighting.

I usually read several books at a time. Some are rereads of books I like. Searching and perusing the favourite passages. Others are reference books or heavy books that cannot be read straight-away. Others are anthologies, compilation of short stories to entertain. And others are recently bought or borrowed books that you have to finish.

Thankfully somebody thought up of bookmarks. Not the expensive ones you buy at Fullybooked or any other bookstore. Cards or pieces of old envelopes you insert to mark the last page you read. I do not dog ear books. For me its similar to defacing a book.

So what have I been reading lately.

Re-reading Frank Herbert's Dune, Children of Dune and God Emperor of Dune and CS Lewis' The Screwtape Letters. I have also been reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel, TH Whites' Once and Future King, A book about Bettas ( Fighting Fish), A book about the Emperor's of China, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game and just finished HG Well's The Island of Dr Moreau.

Not buying any books till the book fair.

And speaking of books have you been to the new Fullybooked store at Rockwell?

The book racks are so skewed it reminds of a maze. I do not know what to make of it. But it seems to be designed to lead the customer to travel through the whole bookstore before reaching the exit.

I do not hate it but I am not quite sure I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home